Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch...

As I am one for movie quotes, and truly believe that all conversations are greatly improved when a movie quote is correctly used, couldn't pass this up when I saw this post over at Pardon the Egg Salad, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon.


The rules:

  • Pick 10 (or so) of your favorite movies.
  • Find, remember, or look up a quote from each movie.
  • Post them here for everyone to guess.
  • Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
  • NO googling or cheating by doing an online search. Cheaters never prosper.
  • Commenters should share the fun and only guess one movie (on the first try — if you come back and you know one that still hasn’t been chosen, knock yourself out).

Ready?

1. "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."

2. "I want a hamburger. No, cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake. I want potato chips..."
"You'll get nothing, and like it!"

3. "Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne you gonna go with? London Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Blackbeard's Delight."

4. "Well, it got so that every piss-ant prairie punk who thought he could shoot a gun would ride into town to try out the Waco Kid. I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille. It got pretty gritty. I started to hear the word "draw" in my sleep. Then one day, I was just walking down the street when I heard a voice behind me say, "Reach for it, mister!" I spun around... and there I was, face-to-face with a six-year old kid. Well, I just threw my guns down and walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass. So I limped to the nearest saloon, crawled inside a whiskey bottle, and I've been there ever since."

5. "We don't have beer. Just tequila."
"What's tequila?"
"It's like beer."

6. "No! No! I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!"

7. "Until mankind is peaceful enough not to have violence on the news, there's no point in taking it out of shows that need it for entertainment value."

8. "You can just go ahead and move a little bit to the left. Yeah, that's it. Great."

9. "Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

10. "No you fool, we're following orders. We were told to comb the desert so we're combing it."

No comments: