Wednesday, February 9, 2011

San Francisco Giants Fan Fest 2011

Autographs; Autographs; Sam getting Bweezy to sign his jersey

I went to my very first Fan Fest this past weekend and it was awesome! Since I've lived in LA the last 8 years I always missed fan fest, so I jumped at the opportunity to go this year. Luckily, thanks to the world’s coolest brother who happens to work for the Giants, we got an early entry pass into the park and were able to get VIP front line access. The day was even better becuase not only was I at one of my favorite places ever, but I got to hang out with Breann and my new buddies Myles and Sam.

Bre and I in line; with Will the Thrill; Bre's Mystery Grab Bag Ball with 7 Giants Autographs (priceless); First ones to get our Mystery Grab Bags

This year Fan Fest was the place to be, people were being turned away. At 11:30am the SF Giants sent out a statement asking people not to show up. We left at 1:00pm and the line was still all the way into the China Basin parking lot.

A progression of the crowd from the start of the day, 11:00am, 1:00pm

Since we got in early, we were first in line at one of the autograph stations, but none of the employees would tell us who was going to be signing at that location. So we waited, quite impatiently, eyeing everyone who walked by. First, Will Clark came into the booth, took pictures with us, shook our hands and was generally a really nice guy. Then, Brian Wilson graced us with his awesomeness. To say we were excited would be a complete understatement. We then ran up to the Clubhouse and waited in line for autographs from Barry Zito, Freddy Sanchez, and the one and only Timmy Lincecum.

Timmy & Freddy; Bweezy; Zito

After that the crowds became insane and we decided to sit behind home plate, have a beer, listen to the interviews at the KNBR stage, enjoy the sunshine and admire our loot. All in all, I got Brian Wilson and Will Clark to sign my shirt, shook Timmy's hand, had Barry Zito give me creepy eyes, got a Bochey Bobblehead, autographed trading cards, walk on the field, hangout in the dugout, discovered the field level bar, made some new friends, and got even more pumped for the 2011 season.

In the dugout, Brian Wilson called us and told us “Let’s get weird!”; Grab Bag Mystery Autographed balls; Enjoying a beer; Just got Wilson-ed!

In my Mystrey Grab Bag I got a set of Giants trading cards. Two of them stuck out as pretty funny: Buster Posey was posing reading a Dr. Seuss book and Freddy Sanchez was eatting cantaloupe. When I handed Freddy his card to sign, he sort of stopped, looked sideways, looked up at me and asked “What am I eating?” Me:“Um, I think it is cantaloupe.” Freddy: “Funny, I don’t remember taking this picture.” Me: giggle giggle, because I’m having a conversation with Freddy Sanchez

Go Giants!!

No comments: