Friday, February 4, 2011

30 Little Things: 2: 15 Facts About Me

Not that you want to know 15 boring things about me, I tried to choose unique and somewhat quirky things that I do (some of which, I've been told, drive other people up the wall). So enjoy, and hey, maybe you should tell me something about you.

1. When I deposit mail in the big blue mailboxes I always close the slot then open it again and look to make sure the mail went into the box properly.

2. I think Valentines Day is a ridiculous day/holiday that was created by the Hallmark, Sees Candy and FTD Flower Company's. Plus, there are 364 perfectly good days to do the same cheesy thing without feeling obligated to do it. Don't get me wrong though, if someone shows up with pizza, wine and any of the following: Tiffany, Coach and/or Diamonds; I would be a fool to say no.

3. If I ever have to sit in the backseat of a car, I'll only sit on the passenger side, never behind the driver. I will make people move sides.

4. I have no issues with drinking a bottle of wine in one night. One for me.

5. I back-in to parking spots when able to.

6. I am the worlds biggest klutz. Here are some of the more "memorable" occurrences from the past 4 years: given myself a black-eye with a freezer door; a mild concussion by hitting my head on the refrigerator; fallen out of my car...sober; tore a ligament in my foot walking; trip at least once a day; consistently have 3 or more bruises at any given time; nicknamed Grace; fallen off the treadmill because I was looking at a cute guy walking by and forgot I was running on it.

7. I refuse to eat lima beans and cauliflower. When I was a kid I read a book called Bunnicula (about a vegetarian vampire rabbit who would suck all the juice out of the vegetables in the fridge and turn them white) and ever since I won't eat white vegetables. And I think Lima beans are just plain gross.


8. I had a pet potbelly pig who was a house-pet. Her name was Petunia and she was the best.

9. I hate slow drivers, the Prius (sorry friends who drive one, I just don't like the car) and have a lead foot. Yes Tom Cruise, I have the need for speed.

10. Traveling gives me the worst anxiety. I love to travel but something about it freaks me out. I once went to Puerto Rico and had anxiety attacks for a whole week prior to leaving. Once I get to my destination I'm totally fine, its just getting there that makes me act like a crazy person.

11. I have cold weather turrets. Meaning when I enter cold weather, very unlady like language starts spewing from my mouth and I sound like a common salior, repeatedly. I'm much more of a beach person. I used to tell people that I was allergic to crystalized forms of water and temperatures below 30.

12. I am terrified of snakes, I can't even look at a picture of one. I get the hebegebees just thinking about them. Even right now. Yuck.

13. I hate walnuts and think it is disgusting when people add any kind of nuts to baked goods (brownies, fudge, cookies, cakes, pancakes, etc.) except for peanuts and only in a select few items like snickers or peanut butter cookies or rocky road fudge.

14. I make my bed every morning (even if my room is a trash hole). It keeps your sheets at the perfect temperature when getting back into bed later. If the house is cold, the sheets won't be as cold. And it makes the room look nice. And easier to pile things on top of the bed.

15. I can't watch any of the following: scary movies; bloody-gory movies; movies with constant gunfire; movies with Justin Beiber; zombie movies; and movies/shows about snakes. I'll have terrible nightmares and won't sleep for days. Commercials for scary movies even creep me out. My ex used to say that "If it doesn't play "It's a Small World" in it, she won't like it." Yes, I am a sucker for all things Disney (hey look, that technically is 16 things...I'm such an over achiever).


(For background and to see what I have done so far on the 30 Little Things project click here. Also follow Home Sweet Sarah's 30 Things, since I got the idea from her)

No comments: